Welcome to the Samarista Home Academy!
I had been wanting to put my kids through homeschool since the eldest was 2, but I had no idea how to do it, so back then I planned on putting up a pre-school instead. 4 years and 2 more kids later, :) my dream of homeschooling is my kids is now becoming a reality. Now all the jigsaw puzzle pieces are falling into place, and ina is learning to do her job one day, one week, one month, and one school year at a time.
The homeschool kids:
DS6 is a boy who is in Grade 1. It is one of his primary responsibilities as Chief Kuya and head of the pack to know of his brothers' whereabouts and activities. This morning, he enumerated the student population of the SHA, Jumpstart-style, as follows:
DS6 (himself), in Grade 1 (who would be doing jumpstart Advanced Grade 1)
DS4 in Kindergarden (therefore would be doing Jumpstart Advanced KG computer game)
DS3 in Pre-school
and DS1 and a half, in Toddler's Class. (Who would be doing Jumpstart Toddler's)
He then asked for Jumpstart Pre-school for his 3 year old brother, just so the preschooler would have his own computer activities. And can it please be Advanced? because he likes Advanced (although he doesn't know what it means just yet :)
For now, we have started with a preliminary weekly timetable with some daily activities. I'm hoping this homeschooling effort will produce real cool kids who are part of a family and can stand up on their own when the time comes. Kids who have direct contact with the real world and with real situations and real choices and real people.
I'm blogging our progress so that I have someplace to keep track of them as well as an opportunity to reflect. Please feel free to comment or suggest. Your thoughts are very much appreciated.
Teacher Ina
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home